We aim to become a leader in enhancing user experience and well-being by creating healthy and sustainable environments. Our regenerable technology benefits the broader society, environment, and economy through improved indoor air quality, resource conservation, CO2 sequestration, renewable biomass production, and energy cost savings.
Our Value Propositions:
1. Our system revitalizes indoor air quality, which is recognized as being critical to the occupants' health and well-being. The system helps achieve net zero energy building practice and LEED/WELL/Fitwel certifications.
2. Our technology reduces building energy consumption due to its dynamic shading efficacy, superior insulation, and daylight penetration.
3.The superior photosynthetic performance of the microalgae system allows high efficient, nature based decarbonation.
Broader Societal Impact:
1. Decarbonation. Microalgae account for approximately 10% of the biomass of terrestrial plants but they sequester more than half of the world CO2 emission. For example, when all the commercial buildings in the US (approximately 6 million buildings) are enclosed with microalgae windows, it can sequester 2.5Gt CO2 (which is more than 50% of the US's CO2 emission in 2020).
2. Resource Conservation. Microalgae window retrofitting reduces energy use for heating, cooling, lighting, and ventilating buildings.
3. Food and Biofuel Production. Microalgae biomass can turn into foods for all of life and renewable energy. For example, microalgae windows from all the commercial buildings in the US can produce 1.4Gt biomass which can be used for food and energy sources.
Typical commercial buildings enclosed with microalgae systems can sequester 2.5Gt CO2 given 6 million commercial buildings available in the US.
Microalgae harvest from urban framing using existing commercial buildings can feed 1.4 billion people (the estimate is based on a Spirulina's 1g/l growth rate).